So, you’ve decided that once and for all you want to lose weight.
You are sick of feeling chubby, self-conscious, not fitting into your clothes, and loathing any glimpse of yourself in a photograph. Well, never fear, at Cinch Corsets HQ, the UK and Ireland’s leading waist training corset company, we’ve been there too, and are hear to unveil our secrets which have lead to dozens of women slimming down, losing weight, feeling confident and being altogether healthier!
So, first things first….
- Goals get results! Set your self a goal and a time frame. If you don’t know where you are going, how are you going to get there? So, you want to lose 12lbs in six weeks. That’s achievable. That’s 2lb a week. If you have a size 10 dress to get into in six weeks time, hang it in your bedroom where you can see it every day, this will be a constant reminder of your goal and remind you to stop reaching for the snack cupboard! Or, if the snack cupboard is your enemy, why not pin a photograph of a body you respect and long-for on the cupboard door. What this is saying is ‘STEP AWAY FROM THE SUGAR!’
- Get a Cinch Waist Training Corset – not only will this fabulous garment make you feel instantly more body confident by holding you in in all the right places, supporting your back and creating enviable curves, slimming the body, but the waist training corset will also be a constant reminder to you of what you are trying to do. You will me more mindful of what you eat, you won’t be able to eat as much (let’s be honest, we should all practise eating smaller meals) and you certainly will not be able to over eat! By wearing the waist training corset every day for a maximum of six hours per day, you will notice real results in your weight and inch loss, within 2 weeks. And of course you willlook instantly slimmer. By six weeks, you will be down to the smallest set of clasps on the corset. Check out these fantastic results by Northern Ireland television personality, Emma Louise Johnston who lost a whopping 12lbs, 3 inches and dropped two dress sizes, all by wearing her waist training corset for just six weeks!
- Drink more water! As you read this fascinating blog, has it occurred to you today that you are thirsty? Guess what – by the time you experience the sensation of the thirst, you are already dehydrated. That thirst is your body calling for re-hydration. There are so many benefits to drinking water, from improving your mood (yes, you, grumpy!) to preventing headaches, to making your skin glow, even preventing cancer! But for the purposes of this article, we will focus on one thing it definitely helps you do….lose weight. Sometimes we think we are hungry, when actually we are thirsty. Our body just starts turning on all the alarms when we ignore it. For those of you trying to drop some pounds and get slimmer, staying hydrated can serve as an appetite suppressant and help with weight loss. In addition, our digestive system needs water to function properly. Waste is flushed out in the form of urine and sweat. If we don’t drink water, we don’t flush out waste and it collects in our body causing a myriad of problems, including constipation!
- Move more! Sound hard? Not really. In fact, it is simple when you try. Make it easy for yourself to incorporate more movement into your life. Feel like you have no time in your busy day to schedule exercise? No problem. Just park further away from the door, take the stairs, stand at your desk rather than sit – heck, even take an exercise ball into work and sit on that – that will certainly help your core! Whilst moving more, you will of course be wearing your Cinch Waist Training Corset, which, when you exercise with it, speeds up results by increasing perspiration, supporting your back and losing pounds!
On days when you do have a bit more time, why not schedule power-walk with a friend (wearing our waist training corset is perfect for this activity). Or if friends are thin on the ground that day, download a good book or podcast on your smart phone, and off you go (don’t forget to set your pedometer) ! Power walking is an effective way to help manage your weight. Since it works your muscles using intense, exaggerated movement of the arms and feet, it is an efficient method for burning calories. Walking at a brisk pace of 4 mph burns anywhere from 236 to 345 calories per hour depending on your level of effort. Thus, power walking — in addition to a healthy diet – and wearing your Cinch waist training Corset- helps keep unwanted pounds at bay.
- Reduce sugar! The first step in this challenge involves eradicating temptation from your life! Empty the Fridge and cupboards of ALL non nutritious, sugar-laden foods! (that includes the kids treat cupboard) Stock up on a range of healthy, delicious and highly nutritious ingredients – think fresh fruits, vegetables, natural yoghurt, lean meats then set about a goal of creating a seven-day menu for your and your family of delicious meals with said ingredients – Google has endless, delicious recipes, just waiting for you to learn and create. Make them easy, so as when Wednesday comes and you have had quite enough of life, you don’t reach for the take-away menu. Snd remember to read all labels – sugar is lurking in the most innocent looking foods!
- Beat Stress!!!!
If you’re alive, you’ve got stress. It is everywhere we go. At home, in work, in the car, in sports. It is a natural physical and mental reaction to both good and bad experiences that can be beneficial to your health and safety.
Chronic stress can cause a variety of symptoms and can affect your overall health and well-being. When you get stressed, your body responds to stress by releasing hormones and increasing your heart and breathing rates. Your brain gets more oxygen, giving you an edge in responding to a problem. In the short term, stress helps you cope with tough situations. After the stressful event, your body should go back to normal on its own, but for many of us, it doesn’t and needs some help. If you don’t help it go back to normal, it takes a toll on your body, leading to chronic stress. Symptoms of chronic stress include irritability, anxiety, and depression. You may suffer from headaches or insomnia. Chronic stress is a factor in some behaviors like overeating or not eating enough, alcohol or drug abuse, or social withdrawal.
Unfortunately, research reveals that it’s also a fact of fat. “Even if you usually eat well and exercise, chronic high stress can prevent you from losing weight—or even add pounds,” says Pamela Peeke, MD, author of Body for Life for Women
Our adrenal glands govern our stress response, by secreting hormones relative to our stress levels. They actually help control many hormonal cycles and functions in our body. When the adrenal glands are overworked, the body prepares for disaster, by storing fat and calories. We crave foods, we lose precious energy, and we gain weight. So how can we keep the heavier stress load from equaling heavier bodies?
Stress busting tips:
- Have fun! Don’t forget that having fun, laughing, and enjoying your time is a very important way to relax! We all need to make having fun a priority, the benefits are amazing!
- Exercise – Our adrenals respond to stress, even if we think it is positive. Exercise is positive, and can help us reduce stress, but only if it does not make us feel tired. When we are exhausted, our adrenals are already working hard, and exercise can put added strain on them. The goal is to keep your heart rate under 90 beats per minute when working out. If you don’t regularly exercise, walking 15 minutes once or twice a day after meals, outside in fresh air, makes our adrenal glands, and our mind and body, very happy.
- Sleep better! Many people complain of being tired all day then having trouble sleeping at night. They are in an upside down sleep rhythm, which affects cortisol levels (released by stress), causing irregular sleep patterns. You can correct these by eating less food late in the day, turning off all technology including television, by 8 p.m., and by trying to be in bed and asleep by 10 p.m. The goal is to have at least eight hours of sleep, so our bodies can rest and regulate our hormonal cycles.
- Eat better! It may be easy to reach for sweets and caffeine for quick energy, but these actually backfire on us, dropping our blood sugar levels rapidly. Reaching for micronutrient-rich foods, such as lean protein, avocado, fresh fruits and vegetable, garlic, and ginger will more adequately support our ability to fight stress.
- Breath! Deep breaths in and out of your nose can not only slow your heart rate down, but will calm your entire body. Sometimes when we are under stress our breathing becomes shallow, and fast. It only takes three or four deep breaths to feel better. Try to remember that slowing down our breath, as well as our life, even for a few minutes, can make a big difference in reducing our stress level.
Order your Cinch Waist Training Corset today at www.cinchcorsets.co.uk